Photo

Another Innocent Hostage Beheaded In The Name Of God.

religion recent news

11 replies to this topic

#1 Onefinefeller

Onefinefeller

Faithful Power User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:13 AM

Does it ever bother you that our extremist Muslims are killing in the name of God? I find it odd that despite the fact that the Koran explicitly respects Jesus as a great prophet of God and that Jesus made it repeatedly clear that we are to love our enemies. I do not recall one time where Jesus commanded His followers to kill in the name of God.

Exactly whose god do they serve? Certainly not a god of mercy and love! What is the fruit of this god that they serve? Hatred, racism, intolerance to others of Biblical faith? Seems to me they are serving in the interest of Satan rather than that of the God of the Bible. We may not see eye to eye on some things but we both are supposed to respect words of Jesus are we not?

It seems to me that the extremist Muslims are the disease of the Earth today. A curse on all humanity. Are they any different than the Nazi's in Germany proclaiming their "master" race?

Where are the world outcries against the murder of innocent hostages? Some would see killing innocent civilians as a declaration of war! Why is the world silent? Why is America... the world's most powerful country silent?

Should this not at least lead Christians to prayer... what should our response be in light of the killings in the name of God? This time it is a Japanese hostage beheaded. This article is intended just to ponder. As for me... I find it quite disturbing that people kill in the name of my God. But then, perhaps I serve a very different God that the world sees.

#2 Guest_Candace_*

Guest_Candace_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:16 AM

I pray for Christians all the time who is being persecuted but I'll tell you why America is being silent about it. It's because we have a president in office who is more sympathetic to the radical Muslims and don't care about helping out Israel. I 

• Onefinefeller likes this

#3 Onefinefeller

Onefinefeller

Faithful Power User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:24 AM

Obama is no longer the dictator he thinks he is. Netanyahu visited our congress last week to plead the case about not signing a deal with Iran. Obama was furious and said he would get revenge. His vetoes wont work most of the time. He is now a lame duck president.

I voted for him though over Romney. Obama was the better of the two evils. Romney talked too much and frankly scared the hell out of me.  

#4 Guest_Candace_*

Guest_Candace_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

No I'm afraid Romney was the lesser of the two evils by a long shot but we can agree to disagree.

#5 Onefinefeller

Onefinefeller

Faithful Power User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:29 PM

I am beginning to think you are right; but I am on SSDI... and I feared Romney intended to cut benefits to the poor and handicapped; while increasing the military budget. Looking at the way things are today... I need to think about what is good for the country and not so much about what is good for my needs.

2016 is still quite a ways off. I hope Obama does not destroy everything and leave the mess for the next person to take over.

#6 Onefinefeller

Onefinefeller

Faithful Power User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

But enough of politics; I reported to my sister that 45 Christians were burned to death yesterday by these people; she said just to pray. Well, praying is fine and good but...

God allowed them to die... God allowed 9/11 to happen. God allows evil to happen everywhere. Guess that is why this is a free world. We are all responsible for our decisions. God gives everyone a choice to live good or badly. We are not robots. But it would be nice to find stories on the news where God intervened and did something good for someone in this world.

I wonder though... should Christians arm themselves in the face of certain death or should they just pray and be burned to death? After all, these terrorists agenda is to take over the world. And so long as every country on Earth ignores them; they are free to do what they want.

Again these are just what is on my mind. It may not be something this website would endorse. But as a Christian... I am distressed over what is happening.

#7 Brightie

Brightie

Faithful Power User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern US

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:52 PM

The "extremist Muslims" in question are taking God's name in vain in the views of many of their fellow Muslims, not only in the views of Christians. If you hadn't noticed, along with killing Christians they have bombed mosques and holy sites of rival Muslim factions, and destroyed some of their nation's historical artifacts and archaeological digs. It's not just a holy war against us. They want to make themselves everyone's enemy. But what is the "correct" response? Is it America's job to pretend we are the world's police force? When we arm people to fight our battles, those weapons can be turned against us and our allies later. When we go in to depose our enemies personally, we don't stick around to watch who enters the power vacuum when we leave. And if we try to wipe them out remotely -- a terrorist gang living in inhabited places and among innocent civilian targets who are already among their potential victims -- how do we avoid doing their work for them? Killing the people around them along with actual targets, and frightening and further radicalizing the survivors? In a battle of ideas where the attackers can spring up, cause fear, and go back into hiding, is there a smart way to win?

818001.png

Please believe / you're beautiful when you're not made up// -kmax

#8 Onefinefeller

Onefinefeller

Faithful Power User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:37 AM

Doing nothing is the smart way to lose... America did nothing as Hitler expanded across Europe. It took Japan to motivate us to get involved in the war. What will it take to motivate us to stand up to these minority bullies and say enough is enough? Shall we continue to give these Islamic terrorists a blind eye in various locations around the world as they kill innocent people in the name of Allah? It seems like ISS is spreading... because we are doing nothing.

America has the world's greatest military; we spend twenty times as much every year as compared to any Islamic country today on our military. This means the world looks for a leader to stand up for doing the right thing. We are not the world's policemen; but our world expects us to do something. Because if we do nothing... the evil spreads like wildfire. These people eagerly look forward to the day when they can come to the United States and bomb every public square if we choose to welcome them in.

So the smart way is to crush these terrorists before they become so out of control that they can not be dealt with as they grow in power. Or perhaps we should give them the blind eye... and let them do as they please.

#9 Brightie

Brightie

Faithful Power User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:27 AM

Hitler was a clearly visible enemy, with men in uniform. We could see where the targets were when we were fighting him. I am not so certain that enemies who can, when they so wish, become practically invisible among innocents can be fought by the same methods.

And there is another possibility, besides doing nothing or going in with guns blazing - that is, to aid their victims. Whether that is by providing equipment to whoever has the best idea where and with whom they are hiding, or whether that is by sending relief supplies, or accepting refugees ourselves. Who it is wisest to provide equipment to to enable the fight is a big question, should we go that route, if we don't want to wind up enabling another potential future enemy. And I know the objection to accepting refugees, that they could send in some of their own in disguise along with them - but, well - there don't seem to be high chances of that. And regardless, we messed up badly enough with how we initially handled the Jews fleeing Hitler, speaking of historic conflicts with obviously evil enemies - as a Jewish friend recently reminded me in frustration - we should be able to learn from our mistakes. And speaking of being the goodguys and not further radicalizing the bystanders, here is just one of the ways available to help the victims other than taking them in.

America wants to be a city on the hill? While we are still figuring out what is the best and most effective way to crush the enemy, we can work on being the love of God in contrast to their "holy" war of hate, helping those they hurt most, and making sure there is something left for the places they infest to live for when this is over.

818001.png

#10 Onefinefeller

Onefinefeller

Faithful Power User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:07 PM

All it takes is one to be a terrorist. I am watching what is happening in Europe with these refugees.

Granted though, there seems to be mass hysteria going on. But then, this is Syria. Terrorists who do not dress as soldiers. I can not think of a better way to bring terrorists into our country as wolves dressed in lambskins singing "baaaa".

#11 Brightie

Brightie

Faithful Power User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:47 PM

Any large group of people is going to have some in it who are messed up. It's called being human, yeah? Looking around America - we already have a number of people with perfectly legal guns, majority skin color, and good English shooting up schools and theaters and making bomb threats and threats of violence - we have and have had and will have resident scumbags, and it's sad and it's wrong but that doesn't mean we stop moving, or that we become constantly suspicious of random strangers. None of our domestic terrorists dress like soldiers, either. Three suspects among more than 700,000 people is - you could probably find that many potentially-dangerous-to-someone people in an equal-sized crowd of any mix of social background and ethnic origin. Do we refuse to help the majority on the chance of a couple bad eggs? I thought we were supposed to be serving a God who wants us feeding and clothing and giving water to those in need in His name, and who compared himself to a shepherd who would leave a flock of 100 to save one life and bring it home. If we allow ourselves to be so scared of a slim chance of danger we won't reach out to help people, that doesn't speak very well of our ability to walk the talk, honestly.

Regardless of whether one wants our metaphorical neighbors to be our physical neighbors in this case - the feed/clothe/give water to the least of these injunctions still apply, and we can do at least a bit of that via charities from a distance. It feels like a cop out to me, if that were all we were doing. But it would be a step in the right direction.

818001.png

#12 Jesush8er

Jesush8er

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:27 PM

#trump2016

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users