Photo

Divorce And Remarriage

1 reply to this topic

#1 Bornagain2016

Bornagain2016

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:28 AM

Okay guys, does becoming a Christian 19 years after a divorce allow you to remarry? This is a topic that is dear to me. Mind you I am not the divorced spouse in the question, I have never been married.

#2 ThankfulHeart Gael

ThankfulHeart Gael

Admin

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:03 PM

Okay guys, does becoming a Christian 19 years after a divorce allow you to remarry? This is a topic that is dear to me. Mind you I am not the divorced spouse in the question, I have never been married

My heart goes out to this person.The thought of having to remain single for the rest of your life is not very appealing for some, especially if you've found one you want to share your life with. There are may who may disagree on the answer to your question. Some will say it's OK because there seems to be an 'exception clause' since the divorce happened before conversion. Others will say it doesn't matter. Divorce is divorce. End of story. You blew it. No more second chances.

Oh,but God knows that we are sinful people and that we often fall from grace, even after we are saved. However, he is also a God of forgiveness. He is the Master of second (and third, and fourth) chances. Is it OK to remarry? There is no hard and fast answer. Allow God to speak to your heart on this matter and proceed from there.

"Nothing can dim the light which shines from within." (Maya Angelou)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users